Michael has 15 years of experience in senior level general management, process improvement and business analytics. He has managed project portfolios up to $90 million and capital programs up to $80 million. Additionally, he has managed large, geographically diverse production units made up of multi-site professional teams in excess of 250 people as well as over 130 remote program and project managers. Michael takes a measured approach to leadership using effective resource management, simplifying problems & solutions and maintaining a balanced and consistent focus on both strategic planning and tactical execution.
President & CEO - Lean Sigma
Corporation - Charlotte, NC (2010 - Present):
Founder and President of the Lean Sigma Corporation, an accredited online Lean Six Sigma training, certification and courseware provider. The Lean Sigma Corporation licenses lean and six sigma eLearning and classroom training content to companies, consultants and training agencies. In addition, the Lean Sigma Corporation also provides online training and certification for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt and Yellow Belts.
- Responsible for all company Operations, Sales, Marketing, Technology, Finance, Security, Instructor Selection & Management, Site Maintenance & Development and Product Design & Development
- Routinely performs market and product research & analysis for distinct product sets (online training & courseware)
- Continuously develops a business plan, 3 year pro-forma and 36 month cash flow projections
- Coauthor of Black Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt and Lean Enterprise training material in 3 versions (Minitab, SigmaXL & JMP)
- Develops and maintains the corporations website (HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL)
- Customizes and integrates open source platforms such as e-commerce and learning management systems into the Lean Sigma Corporation website
Executive - Bank of America - Charlotte, NC (9/02 - 6/13)
Executive management of Quality Assurance for Bank of Americas Independent Foreclosure Review, an OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) Consent Order: Article VII
- Operations Executive: Oversaw daily execution of Foreclosure Review adherence to consent order and internal quality assurance policy and procedures
- Process Design & Implementation: Co-lead the design and implementation of the programs inline Quality Assurance process.
- OCC Site Audit Host & Facilitator: Hosted, facilitated and presented to government officials and independent auditors during monthly formal site visits for each QA site operation.
- 95% Quality Assurance: Ensured consistent quality standards of better than 95% QA scores through the execution of daily monitoring, various sampling strategies and inline feedback mechanisms.
Branch Control Systems
Executive - Bank of America - Charlotte, NC :
Executive management of centralized HVAC & Lighting control system for 3500 banking centers:
- Profit &Loss: Managed annual operating expenses of the program including support staff, command center team, license fee's across multiple vendors as well as all energy and maintenance savings
- Capital Program: Directed an $80 million 3 year system installation program
- Technology Platform: Oversaw a $1.4 million annual technology budget
- Energy Savings: Improved annual hard energy savings from 9% to 10.8%
- Operations: Responsible for the daily operational performance of the command center and all performance metrics; case resolutions, system uptime, proportion controllers online, call answer rates etc.
- Supplier Management: Managed supplier contracts & licenses, supplier execution and performance, adherence to BAC and/or external compliance requirements
- Inventory: Oversaw parts logistics; procurement, distribution, warranty, returns, testing etc.
Planning & Analytics Executive - Bank of America -
Charlotte, NC :
Responsible for establishing and maintaining long term strategic real estate plans for Bank of America's office and administrative properties while also managing the divisions Advanced Analytics team focused on providing intelligence, automation and analytical solutions.
- Scope of Responsibilities: 190 Million square feet across 2,500 properties accounting for $2.5 billion in annual occupancy expense.
- Management of 65 internal and external real estate planning experts
- Accountable for annual operating budget of $13 million.
- Designed reliable measures that exposed significant latent real estate capacity
- Established over 40 U.S. strategic market plans calling for the reduction of 16 million square feet
- Filed 6 U.S. patent applications for analytical models that successfully improved efficiency and accuracy in real estate planning
Process Design Executive - Bank of America - Charlotte, NC :
1st Mortgage Operations Executive - Charlotte, NC :
Quality & Productivity Executive - Bank of America - Charlotte, NC :
Six Sigma Black Belt - R.R. Donnelley & Sons - Charlotte, NC (8/01 - 9/02)
- Managed the Charlotte fulfillment operation's continuous improvement program, overseeing all warehouse, fulfillment, inventory management and shipping functions
- Conducted several Six Sigma Black Belt projects and successfully improved custom fulfillment efficiency, inventory accuracy and on time shipping
- Instructor for Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt certification courses
Sr. Pricing Analyst - R.R. Donnelley & Sons - Charlotte, NC (9/00 - 8/01):
- Responsible for holding sales force accountable to corporate standards regarding printing product and service pricing.
- Researched historical pricing trends & elasticities and prepared custom pricing models for Charlotte region sales force.
- Developed and implemented monthly invoice reconciliation and collections procedures
Controller - First Data Corporation - Charlotte, NC (4/98 -
Mutual fund controller for First Data Investors Services Group; transfer agent to Nations Funds
- Balanced several DDA's on a daily basis
- Responsible for nightly wire transfers in excess of $2 Billion
- Performed research and reconciliation on all subscription and redemption transactions
- Managed settlement procedures accurately and within strict time sensitive deadlines
Head Pitching Coach -
Lexington, VA (8/95 -
Head pitching coach, camp coordinator, travel coordinator, prospect scout and recruiter for the Virginia Military Institute
- Responsible for the development, training and performance of VMI's pitching staff
- Coordinated VMI's opponent and travel schedule
- Responsible for nationwide scouting and recruiting of pitching talent
- Directed pitching clinics for VMI camps as well as Best in Virginia Showcase camps
- Redesigned the business model and control systems for a remote energy management system spanning 3500 retail stores. Improving pro-forma payback period from over 20 years to less than10 years.
- 20% improvement in energy savings from 9% to 10.8%
- Lead the development of long term real estate plans in 2009 resulting in over 40 market plans that called for the reduction of Bank of America's administrative real estate portfolio by 16MM SF or 17%.
- 6 patents pending with the U.S. Patent Office for analytical models and tools designed to improve planning accuracy and speed.
- Lead a banking center bandwidth capacity management project: $7MM savings
- Lead a mortgage fulfillment workforce capacity management program: 15% reduction in unit cost
Education & Certifications:
- B.S. Economics – Radford University College of Business & Economics
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Bank of America Corporation - Charlotte, NC
- Six Sigma Black Belt – R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company - Charlotte, NC
- NASD Series 6 License - First Data Corporation - Charlotte, NC. expired
- NASD Series 63 License - First Data Corporation - Charlotte, NC expired